How the Plan Works
UC’s plans care for the whole person—physically and emotionally—and include behavioral health benefits for mental health services and substance abuse treatment. You and your covered family members can use behavioral health benefits for sessions with counselors, psychologists or psychiatrists to address issues such as:
- Depression and anxiety
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Medication management
- Autism and pervasive developmental disorders
Behavioral health benefits are provided through Anthem Blue Cross. You can see any behavioral health provider you choose, but you’ll pay less and receive higher benefit coverage when you see an in-network provider. Some services may require prior authorization.
Present your Anthem ID card when you receive behavioral health services.
You can also choose to receive care from out-of-network providers. However, it’s important to know that your costs will be significantly higher when you get out-of-network care, and you’ll have to file claims.
What You Pay for Care
Following are your costs for many common treatments. For more details about these or treatments not listed, see the 2017 UC Care Benefit Booklet.
Medical/Behavioral Health Calendar-Year Deductible1
The amount you pay before the plan begins to share in the cost for covered services.
Medical/Behavioral Health Out-of-Pocket Maximum2
(Combined with pharmacy out-of-pocket expenses)
The most you’ll pay for covered health care services in a calendar year.
Family: $19,200 per family
Therapist and Physician Office Visits
|No copayment for first 3 visits; then $20 copayment per visit||50% after deductible3|
|LiveHealth Online Psychology||Your first 3 consultations are free with coupon code UCPSYCH, then $20 per visit thereafter (coupon code must be applied when making your appointment)||Your first 3 consultations are free with coupon code UCPSYCH, then $20 per visit thereafter (coupon code must be applied when making your appointment)|
|Inpatient Non-Emergency Facility Services||$250 copay per admission/course of treatment4||50% after deductible3|
1. In-network and out-of-network calendar-year deductibles are separate—what you pay toward one doesn’t count toward the other.
2. In-network (Anthem Preferred and UC Select) medical, behavioral health and prescription drug out-of-pocket copayment maximums count toward each other. In-network and out-of-network medical copayment maximums are separate—what you pay toward one doesn’t count toward the other.
3. You may be billed for charges above the allowable charge—this is called balance billing. You will be responsible for these charges, in addition to any copayment.
4. Includes hospital/facility-based treatment, such as acute inpatient treatment, detoxification services, residential treatment or recovery home treatment. These services require preauthorization in order to be covered. The copayment for an inpatient admission includes any related inpatient professional services.