You are here

Find a Provider

Within California Outside California or International

Within California

Choose from two tiers of in-network providers—UC Select and Anthem Preferred.

Get provider recommendations from Castlight based on where you live, and use the online tools to customize your search, estimate your costs and see quality ratings and patient reviews. Log into Anthem and click on Find a Doctor, Hospital or Urgent Care (under Resources & Tools).

  • Enter the type of provider you’re looking for, such as primary care or behavioral health.
  • Enter your location and the distance you’re willing to travel.

UC Select and Anthem Preferred providers will both appear, with UC Select providers showing first. The network (UC Select or Anthem Preferred) appears under the provider’s name. For a custom provider directory, contact Anthem Health Guide at (844) 437-0486, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Pacific).

Get Help

If you want help finding a provider or have questions, call Anthem Health Guide at (844) 437-0486, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Pacific).

Use Your ID Card

Show your Anthem Blue Cross ID card when you get medical, behavioral health and prescription services. If you've misplaced your card, tap, click or call to get a new one.

One Medical Group

If you live or work in the San Francisco Bay Area, you have access to One Medical Group, a concierge medical practice with more than 100 top-rated health care professionals that have time to listen and make you a priority.

One Medical Group can handle everything from preventive medicine to the treatment of acute and chronic conditions, and, you can schedule same- or next-day appointments by:

  • Phone
  • Online
  • Using their smartphone app

And free 24/7 virtual care makes it easy to get treated at 3 a.m. or anytime while traveling.

Getting Started

To become a patient, you must first become a member. The $149 annual membership fee is waived for UC PPO members.

To sign up, simply follow these instructions

  1. Visit
  2. Complete the registration steps
    • Use Promotion Code UCXOMG
    • Enter your (the employee’s) first and last name
    • Select Yes or No to the question “Are you already a Member?”
  3. Complete the rest of the registration

Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapies

Some health care professionals—such as physical, speech and occupational therapists—may not be listed by name in because they provide care through a network facility. Services received from these allied health professionals will be provided to you at the in-network level of coverage.

For questions regarding network participation or for assistance with finding physical, speech and occupational therapists, please contact Anthem Health Guide.

Outside California or International

When you’re working or traveling outside of California, you’re covered through the BlueCard® Program (within the U.S.) and Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core (outside the U.S.).

Outside of CA (in the U.S.)

The BlueCard Program gives you access to care across the United States. BlueCard includes 92% of U.S. doctors and 96% of U.S. hospitals. You are not required to use a BlueCard provider; however, you’ll pay less when you do because services received from BlueCard providers are reimbursed at the in-network, Anthem Preferred level of coverage.

How It Works

  • You must first meet your plan’s deductible. Then the plan pays the same percentage of the cost for covered services as if you were at home.
  • There is no charge for preventive care.
  • You can see most types of in-network providers without a referral. However, some specialists—as well as certain treatments and procedures—may require a referral or prior authorization before your first visit. Learn more.

If you seek out-of-network care, you’ll need to submit a claim, and you’ll pay a higher deductible and a greater share of the costs.

With BlueCard, you can:

  • Access care across the U.S.
  • Go to most types of providers without a referral.
  • Use a BlueCard provider to keep your costs down (but doing so is not required).

To find a BlueCard provider, call 800-810-BLUE or go to and select Find a Doctor. For complete information on covered services, see the 2018 UC Care Benefit Booklet.

Outside the U.S.

When you live or travel abroad, you have access to providers—for emergency and non-emergency care—through Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core. Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core provides access to health care providers in over 200 countries and territories.

There is no out-of-network coverage for care outside the U.S. Covered medical services are paid at the in-network level no matter which provider you see. Covered behavioral health services are paid at 100%, after a $20 copayment. Although you are not required to use a Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core provider when you travel, you may save money if you do.

For more information, see the international brochure, go to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core website (the three-letter prefix is VUC) or call Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core at (800) 810-BLUE (810-2583).

Travel Tips

Before You Go

  • Know what services are covered. Consult the 2018 UC Care Benefit Booklet.
  • If you take a regular prescription, ask for an extended supply so you don’t run out. Call Anthem Health Guide toll-free, at (844) 437-0486, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Pacific). Pharmacy representatives are available 24/7.
  • Bring your Anthem Blue Cross member ID card.

In the U.S.

  • Know the location of the doctor or hospital nearest to your destination(s). Search for BlueCard providers near your destination(s).

Outside the U.S.

  • Search for providers near your destination(s) through Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core.
  • Get vaccinated. Check with your doctor about recommended vaccinations. The medical plan covers many travel vaccines. Learn more.
  • Be smart with prescriptions. Keep medications in their original, clearly labeled containers. Check with the foreign embassy of your destination country (or countries) to be sure that your medications are legal in that country.
  • Set aside extra cash or carry a credit card with access to cash in case you get sick or injured and have to pay for services at the time you receive them. While you are overseas, be prepared to make payment at the time of service and make sure you get an itemized record so you can submit a claim for reimbursement.
  • Traveling on UC business? You may be eligible for UC travel insurance and security protection.

How to Submit a Claim

Before leaving the provider, get copies of your medical records in English (required for your claim). If your provider can’t provide documentation in English, there are several online translation services that you can use, including and Google Translate. Universities, consulates and embassies also offer translation assistance.

Then, follow these steps to submit a claim for reimbursement:

  • Download the International Medical Claim Form. On the form, be sure to include:
    • Your diagnosis
    • The description of service(s), provider name, and address and country where services were rendered
    • Itemized charges and proof of payment, such as a credit card receipt
    • Billed amounts in foreign currency or U.S. dollars
  • Attach all medical reports in English, including, but not limited to:
    • Ambulance trip
    • Emergency room
    • Admitting history
    • Surgical procedure
  • Attach an itemization of ALL charges if you had an inpatient stay in the hospital.
  • Submit the form and required documentation to the address indicated on the form.

For more information, see the international brochure.

A Note About Services

Some hospitals and other providers do not provide one or more of the following services that may be covered under your plan contract and that you or your family member might need: family planning; contraceptive services, including emergency contraception; sterilization, including tubal ligation at the time of labor and delivery; infertility treatments; or abortion. You should always check ahead of time with your doctor, medical group, independent practice association or clinic or call Anthem Health Guide to ensure that you can obtain the health care services that you need.