It Pays to Know Before You Go
Castlight is your personalized healthcare assistant. This exclusive benefit helps you get more out of your health plan and benefits so you can experience healthcare in a whole new way.
Castlight will help you make better health care decisions when you choose to use an Anthem Preferred provider. For example, for medical services, you will find a wide range of prices, depending on where you go. Out-of-pocket costs for a standard office visit can range from $20 to $250. For other types of visits, lab tests and X-rays, the range can be even wider.
Understanding your prescription drug costs is also very important. Packaging size affects the price of your prescription. And prices for generic drugs can vary based on the manufacturer. Castlight helps you compare drug costs from different manufacturers and provides you with a reasonable estimate so you can determine the most convenient and least expensive prescription option for yourself and your family.
The Know Your Cost tool is customized to you and the UC PPO plans. With it, you can:
- Gain peace of mind. Clearly see what's covered by your plan, how much services will cost, and where you've spent your health care dollars.
- Find doctors that are right for you. Search ratings and reviews from real patients, and find high-quality doctors or specialists in your network near you.
- Understand your plan. See simple descriptions of your medical plan and what’s covered.
Register for Castlight
- Go to www.anthem.com/ca
- Click "Estimate Your Cost"
- Register with Castlight and accept the Terms and Conditions
Search for Doctors, Facilities and Health Care Services in Your Area
- Under “Find a doctor” on the home page, click on “Primary care”
- See the wide range of prices and quality ratings for doctors in your area
- Change settings in the “Refine your search” section to filter the search results based on criteria such as type of visit, specialties, and distance from your location
- Click on “Show more filters” to find even more ways to filter the list of doctors, including gender, specialty, and ability to take new patients
Review Your Past Care
- Click on the “Past care” tab at the top of the page to see an overview of your spending on past medical care
- Scroll down the page to see a list of past healthcare visits for you and your family, and to see step-by-step explanations about what you paid and why
Learn About Your Plan
Click on the “Your plan” tab at the top of the page to learn more about your medical plan benefits